|Fireworks in Crested Butte, CO
Photo by Dusty Demerson
Before booking your event, check to be sure you have a fireworks-friendly location. Many are not! If you think you have found the perfect venue and we are unable to confirm they rules, just ask if they will allow us to work with them on providing the perfect wedding crescendo for your wedding. We have a list of venues that welcome fireworks, and we can offer suggestions.
Aerial Fireworks Display
- 300’ fallout area in all directions from the firing area for smaller displays (4” shells and less)
- 600’ fallout area in all directions from the firing area for larger displays (5” shells and larger)
- The firing area is a “donut hole” in the center of the site (usually 10’ – 30’ in diameter). All measurements are taken from the outer edges of the firing area. Remember, we can’t fit our equipment and crew on the head of a pin.
- If NFPA distances are followed, a somewhat smaller area can be used, depending on what products are selected for the display. Please ask us for help. If you prefer to read the details on NFPA’s distance guidelines, refer to NFPA 1123 Code for Fireworks Display, 2010 Edition. It is available from NFPA, 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471, or http://catalog.nfpa.org.
Proximate Pyrotechnics Display
- Twice the fallout distance of the devices being used.
- For outdoor displays, we recommend 50’ – 75’ for best viewing enjoyment.
- For further information on rules governing proximate pyrotechnics displays, refer to NFPA 1126 Standard for the Use of Pyrotechnics Before a Proximate Audience 2006 Edition. It is available from NFPA, 1 Batterymarch Park, Quincy, MA 02169-7471, or http://catalog.nfpa.org.
The sponsor of the event is responsible for crowd control. This means keeping spectators out of the fallout area during firing of the display and clean-up immediately afterward.
Would you like to see in advance how your display will look? New techniques in computer choreography allow us to develop a visual representation of a show before it is finalized. You can see an example in our video gallery.
Contact us for information on how we can use this latest technology to help you visualize and design your display.